• iOsGG.com
  • First and foremost, Welcome to our forum! Read the rules after you registered!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JMach425

Thoughts on “activation request” flooding?

60 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Jeremylatreille said:

well really hard to get activated here thats so true that its killing the forum :/

Well, this isn't a large forum in part and very few mods that are on. (3 I know of) This means people will have some wait time but if you're active on the site then you never have to worry about getting reactivated.

11 hours ago, TheMadness said:

One thing is that In most communities ppl in general are silent observers and will always have a simple please activate me line.  

Maybe have a single post that they have to submit to that makes them identify what they want out of the community instead. 

Legit answers get approved and others don’t.  That will at least help ppl jump start their introduction into the community with an actual response backed by at least some effort to type up a response.  

I wish there would be more community involvement but I know that its hard for the mods to sift through all the comments when there are thousands that go up when someone is offline. I stated in my previous comment that if people would just be moderately active then they would never have issues. (We all poop so log in and chat once a day when you are in the loo)  

40 minutes ago, Cheap007 said:

Well, this isn't a large forum in part and very few mods that are on. (3 I know of) This means people will have some wait time but if you're active on the site then you never have to worry about getting reactivated.

I wish there would be more community involvement but I know that its hard for the mods to sift through all the comments when there are thousands that go up when someone is offline. I stated in my previous comment that if people would just be moderately active then they would never have issues. (We all poop so log in and chat once a day when you are in the loo)  

Weird but does it’s job

@Littleteddy- Then to what?

I just think that overall its not that hard to find something and add some real value to the forum other than ......

"how to active" - "Hi" - "I need to be approved" - "I have commented 5 times and they are not showing up" - ETC. 

It's just frustrating to the users who really want to use the forum the correct way.